Sign in to follow this  
Chaosmeister

Lifepath modified by Stat

We also do it in the order TigerGuard suggests because we feel it allows for characters to better fit their background.

But of course with this approach it wouldn't make sense and you need to do skills and stats first. Which is fine as I think this method actually does reflect the character as made by the player in the roll results where the original was purely random.

Personally I would use base Empathy and not cybered Empathy. The book and results often seem to indicate to me that gear and cyber comes after Lifepath due to injuries and such.

5 hours ago, Chaosmeister said:

Personally I would use base Empathy and not cybered Empathy. The book and results often seem to indicate to me that gear and cyber comes after Lifepath due to injuries and such.

But that, in turn, gives a benefit to the characters like the Solo TigerGuard has mentioned. Which was, actually, a pretty common build if memory serves me: having very high EMP just to be able to handle all that cyberware. I.e. to game the system.

I guess I'll be pretty interested in what is Maximum Mike going to do with cyberware & Humanity Loss in CP Red. Though I expect he'll just lower HL costs for stuff, kinda like it was in CP2013. Maybe excempting some types of cyberware (like Fashionware, as we are told in CP Red JSK) from HL entirely. 

Dunno.

I do like the idea of having a system limiter on the amount of cyberware. But I'm not sure if the way HL / Empathy does work in CP2020 is the optimal solution...