Sign in to follow this  
Rockwolf66

Denver In 2020

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to find anything official about Denver Colorado. It's not really mentioned in Home of the Brave. I do know that there is a Cybergeneration book on the city but that's only in PDF and is currently unavailable.

Or should I just make my own version of Denver Colorado?

I'd say - make it your own :)

The one review I've seen for Cybergeneration book was definitely not encouraging, plus the CG material is pretty different form standard 2020 setting anyway.

...geez, I'm getting so fed up I'm considering using When Gravity Fails as a general setting, and making Kaliningrad the place there. With a different timeline (year 2202+) and a location far away from what they do describe in WGF sourcebook, I can do there whatever I effin' want...

V3 does have some mention of Denver but the most notable thing is a food riot in 2010.

And checking my CP2020 core book indicates that it have regional centers for multiple companies.

IMHO, if you have the choose between using anything related to Cybergenerations, or making it up yourself, you're MUCH better off with your own work. I was seriously unimpressed with CG.

IMHO, if you have the choose between using anything related to Cybergenerations, or making it up yourself, you're MUCH better off with your own work. I was seriously unimpressed with CG.

I have to go with both StrayCatalyst and Mikael here. Denver in Home of the Brave is a transportation hub still for all of the remaining agriculture in the area. With the state government and National Guard it would be safe enough for businesses and industries to remain. Also, I have found a few references to a large Nomad Market there. This is due to Wisdom000's work I believe, but that would mesh quite well with Denver as a transportation hub.

This is a great start point for anyone to update and fill out a Cyberpunk: Denver. Find a local map (Goggle is good for that) and then turn it into an urban fortress with a Nomad market on the edge. Make Denver an adventuring "destination". Lots of jobs for Cyberpunks guarding/raiding shipments and a "western" Cyberpunk City that you can and should customize yourself; have fun with it!

B)

It would also probably have a small market in supporting people who are scavenging the ruins of Colorado Springs. It might have gotten flattened by a rock in 2008, but it is a pretty spread out city, so there would be a lot to investigate. By 2020, who knows what it would look like.