Sign in to follow this  
Thumper

Cyber City Update 2

Ok, I know it's been about six years since the last true PDF update so I am going to do a second PDF update.

Well, I noticed that just today I easily found more than 43 pages of material that had not been placed in a PDF for people to download. I will be checking the site here for more info and hope to have something put together by Tax day US.

I have already gotten it up to 76 pages without even writting too much new stuff this will give Cyber City 232 pages of printed material.

So far it will have more than 3 full color maps one black and white map quite a few corps that were not in the last one and lots of edits to some gangs which I added in from people.

Will have a good rundown of what is outside the central city area. Placed it under the main Security Sectors made the difficulty of passing through and faking it. and general information on what is there besides just the general locations.

I will expand and hopefully map out the Regional airport which is outside the city in the wastelands. Working on the map will cause it to fill out.

What and who is actually out in the wasteland around the city.

Where I have located the city ok some clues about where I will just tell people here.

The City is the rebuild of what was left of the Beaumont/Port Arthur/Port Neches/Port Acres area with most of it being under water from global flooding since much of it was already below sea level today two to three meters they just could not afford to keep rebuilding after several hurricanes.

The map of the area is vastly different since new areas where dreged up to form a single harbor for sea going ships and other were just left as swamps since they were abandoned since the late 1980's letting the highways just rot and go to dirt due to previous hurricanes including state parks left to the aligators.

I hope to have a detailed listing of the floors for the Phipps building but of course this probably will not get finished just too large.

Hope to have details on the Criminal justice and trial center.

Ok, much further along than I figured at 92 pages at this time with really just need to add in two more sections but of course they are not finished and one needs a map for it.

After this update is done I will be working on the update to the website to place Cyber City back on it. I know that will take a while but well still out of work and need stuff to do to keep me from going insane.

I updated an unfinished map of the Companero Regional Airport just for fun.

http://cybercity2030.110mb.com/Cyber-City/Companero-Map.html

Close to completion but also close to having to go out of town to shoot people for money.

I have taken to naming places after other members of VFTE specially if they gave me a lot of stuff to work with.

The airport is kinda seedy as it not a international one it's the side airport like Mos Eisly (sp) from star wars where you go to get things done but not always legal.

Well the PDF file may take a little longer as creating a regional airport has gone from the three to four pages I already placed online on the website to seven pages as it just gets more detail.

I have added in some other than just basic aircraft companies for services.

Also I plan on adding in for the PDF at least some standard aircraft in somewhat style that the Fighting Vehicle guide came in but somehow it's gonna be transferrable to a standard page of info for two or three aircraft.

Jets, Prop planes, amphibious since it's on the coast, cargo, and of course some ultralights. I will try to keep this from becoming a sourcebook all itself. But somehow I am already well on the way.

I swear I will limit choices and keep only two or three types from major companies I am familiar with like Cessna, Gulfstream (the biggest pain in the butt aircraft manufacturer), Embrear (sp)

Well still adding in more stuff since I am still without a job and one does not seem close.

I am making an update to the newer maps going back to the original scanned version of the color map

it's very detailed and I am adding in locations and street names to major streets.

the history of the city and h

The map even in jpeg format is going to be large about three megs due io it's size.

I am also doing more with the history of the city and how it came to be the way it is.

This led me to actual new sections of the city which should be very intersting.

Ok, here is a link to a newer version of the city map with more details and more updates of a detailed nature will be coming to replace the old sqaure maps from the PDF.

3 megs

http://cybercity2030.110mb.com/Cyber-City/Cyber-City-Maps/Cyber City-Detail.jpg

Ok, I have a whole new section with all the detailed maps that are about 8 megs worth of maps in intense detail for parts of Cyber City. No I have not added in any more streets just placed the gangs and their turfs, The locations for all of the shops, stores nightclubs, and the mass transit system.

http://cybercity2030.110mb.com/Cyber-City/...-City-Maps.html

OK, I will do an adjustment on the webpage in the next day or so to label the locations.

I recomend the Jpgs be downloaded since the detail cannot be seen online well.

There is plenty of room for more gangs.

Ok, when to upload the new updates dozen or so files and server had an issue should have the files I was going to replace uploaded again soon.

Should have something new in each section by end of the week from new gangs, shops, Corps, updated maps.

Depends on when it will get over website issues.

Website uploads still screwed will update when I can reupload files and fix the problems. :angry:

I have done some brute force FTP uploads to fix some of the problems with the missing files but have run out of time on things like why the map page will not let me change the font color to something that is visible for the locations numbers.

Will try to figure out where I went wrong on the html and fix this tommorow and check to see if other items are there yet or still missing.

I am now working on an update to the PDF to bring everything together into what has already become 245 pages. will take both updates and add in any information as it comes in and is written by me. I see several sections that need updates that were way too thin previously.

The new maps I am thinking of having both a link and breaking them down into 6 pieces/page each which is really minimum you can get some of the writting to show up correctly.