Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom000

I Will Never Post In This Section Again

More than four years and less than 100 posts for a v3 section on probably the busiest CP board on the web. Not a whisper in over two years now.

Gawdamn you made a complete load of shit, Max Mike! :lol:

i tried to like it, i really tried... but it's such a steaming pile of shit. a pile of shit i spent eight years eagerly anticipating, and stayed up till midnight so i could download it ASAP. ain't that a kick in the nuts :(

I remember hassling my local game shop regularly throughout the years before the upgrade.

I remember dreaming about how cool it was going to be when it did come out.

I remember coming to terms with the fact that it was just vaporware and would never happen.

I remember hearing the rumors that it was in the works and hesitantly let my hopes rise.

I remember my friend lending me his copy to read through when it finally did come out.

I remember seeing those puke-green dolls and horrific layout…

I remember wretching/cringing/gagging/and fuming upon reading (some of) it.

I remember consciously deciding that it never existed. <_<

Cyberpunk v3? Never came out. That's what my shrink tells me to repeat to myself, anyhow.

Out with the New, in with the Old, I say!

They basically threw up this thing(yeah, as in sticking your fingers down your throat and blowing chunks), which explains the gawdy color scheme, sub-poor editing and other watchamacallits. Note to Max Mike: Get the basics functioning first, then add content if and when necessary, thats what you did with Cyberpunk 2020, and it turned alright.

They had a perfectly serviceable system with Interlock, but they just dumped most of it, patched what was left of it together with scraps of Fuzion, and slapped on a throng of poorly conceived projects as character options. The thing is, if they had taken their time tweaking the rules and actually invested time in developing a solid background setting, it could have been a far better game.

Then when it would have taken off on its own, they could have brought in the AltCults as complete sourcebooks as expansions to the system(in a way similar to the Hardwired and When Gravity Fails sourcebooks in CP2020), instead of two-page blurbs in the main book, it still would have been our choice on how we're supposed to play it. If we'd just want to play the basic game without any of the altcults, we could do so, or we could just bring some of them in.

But alas, it didn't happen and we're stuck with this black-and-green turd we don't want to even touch without proper protection.

would it suprise anyone that my local gamestore has the etire series in mint condition for sale in their used games shelf?

The entire series, meaning CP2013, CP2020 and Cyberpunk v3?

Wow, that's devotion and expertise...

The entire series, meaning CP2013, CP2020 and Cyberpunk v3?

Wow, that's devotion and expertise...

Nope just v3 and it's for sale. I guesss someone bought it and then realized what total drek it was. I though the main book was bad but the supliments are worse.

Then when it would have taken off on its own, they could have brought in the AltCults as complete sourcebooks as expansions to the system(in a way similar to the Hardwired and When Gravity Fails sourcebooks in CP2020), instead of two-page blurbs in the main book, it still would have been our choice on how we're supposed to play it. If we'd just want to play the basic game without any of the altcults, we could do so, or we could just bring some of them in.

the thing is, alt cults were central to what mike was trying to do (i think). it was mikes attempt to "fix" one of the inherent "flaws" of cyberpunk, wherein everyone is paranoid and amoral meaning they have no reason to trust each other or work with each other (and means games are likely to end in a huge backstab fest). it was a ham fisted way to go about it, but you can at least see what he was trying to accomplish and why he thought it needed to be mandatory.

the thing is, alt cults were central to what mike was trying to do (i think). it was mikes attempt to "fix" one of the inherent "flaws" of cyberpunk, wherein everyone is paranoid and amoral meaning they have no reason to trust each other or work with each other (and means games are likely to end in a huge backstab fest). it was a ham fisted way to go about it, but you can at least see what he was trying to accomplish and why he thought it needed to be mandatory.

Why did that need to be fixed. Edgerunners are criminals and if you associate with carrer criminals for any lenght of time you realise that outside of some rare tightnit crews everyone is paranoid and amoral to a large degree. Altcults really should not exist to the degree that they do in V3, I mean they are portrayed as these monolithic groups where everyone gets along with Unicorns and Rainbows. Gah, it's just not cyberpunk it's transhumanist drek.

i'm not saying it was a good idea, or even a problem that needed fixing. just that the alt cults were a central part of mike's vision for V3, and could not have been spun off as an alternate module to use or ignore.

I personaly don't have a problem with the Altcult idea in itself. It's just... the Altcults are broken. Come on, no humanity loss? Equipment that would better suit an anime/manga than a cyberpunk future? This isn't what anyone expected this world to become. There is some potential in CPV3, but it was wasted.

Edited by Glitzer